Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: lupus
- (archaic) A taxonomic genus within the family Canidae—now called Canis, the genus that includes wolves and dogs, which have no essential characters that taxonomically distinguish them as genera.
- (astronomy) A summer constellation of the northern sky, said to resemble a wolf. It lies south of the constellation Libra.
- A city/village in Missouri, US.
summer constellation of the northern sky
- A Roman cognomen
- Lupus in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- Lupus in Félix Gaffiot (1934), Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Paris: Hachette.