Jump to navigation Jump to search
MAD (countable and uncountable, plural MADs)
- Initialism of mutual assured destruction or mutually assured destruction.
- 2005 February 7, Peter Preston, “A nuclear Iran is not the problem”, in The Guardian:
- [T]he only bombs anyone dropped—on Hiroshima and Nagasaki—were Uncle Sam's message to non-nuclear Japan. MAD was salvation. MAD was security. MAD was the way of life most of us grew up with, the prevailing logic of uneasy peace. So whatever became of our mad, mad world?
- Initialism of magnetic anomaly detector.
- (genetics) Initialism of mothers against decapentaplegic.
- (astrophysics) Acronym of magnetically-arrested disc (a type of black hole accretion disc).
- Coordinate term: SANE
- (programming) Acronym of Michigan algorithm decoder, a programming language, a variant of ALGOL, developed in 1959 at the University of Michigan.
- (Internet slang) a genre of video, originating in Japan, featuring mash-ups of media from different sources; or, such a video
- Translingual lemmas
- Translingual symbols
- ISO 4217
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English initialisms
- English terms with quotations
- English acronyms
- English proper nouns
- English three-letter abbreviations
- en:Nuclear warfare
- Japanese terms derived from English
- Japanese terms with IPA pronunciation
- Japanese lemmas
- Japanese nouns
- Japanese internet slang