Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A number of places in the United Kingdom:
- A suburb of Frodsham, Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England (OS grid ref SJ5277). 
- A former civil parish in Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, merged into Malpas civil parish in 2015.
- A hamlet in Ashover parish, North East Derbyshire district, Derbyshire, England (OS grid ref SK3462). 
- A hamlet in Arlingham parish, Stroud district, Gloucestershire, England (OS grid ref SO7210). 
- A village and civil parish in Basingstoke and Deane district, Hampshire, England (OS grid ref SU5149).
- A village and civil parish in City of Lancaster district, Lancashire, England (OS grid ref SD4358).
- A small village and civil parish (without a council) in Hambleton district, North Yorkshire, England (OS grid ref SE5555).
- A small village in Richard's Castle parish, south Shropshire, England (OS grid ref SO5072).
- A hamlet in West Monkton parish, Somerset West and Taunton district, Somerset, England (OS grid ref ST2628). 
- A hamlet in Checkley parish, Staffordshire Moorlands district, Staffordshire, England (OS grid ref SK0438). 
- A village next to Middlestown, City of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England (OS grid ref SE2516).
- A hamlet near New Abbey, Dumfries and Galloway council area, Scotland (OS grid ref NX9864). 
- A hamlet near Lybster, Caithness, Highland council area, Scotland (OS grid ref ND2836). 
- A suburb of Greenock, Inverclyde council area, Scotland (OS grid ref NS2675).
- A hamlet near Port Eynon, City and County of Swansea, Wales (OS grid ref SS4685).
- A village and community in Wrexham county borough, Wales (OS grid ref SJ3741).
- Synonym: Overton-on-Dee
- (countable) A habitational surname from Old English.
- A number of places in the United States:
- An unincorporated community in Cooper County, Missouri.
- A village in Dawson County, Nebraska.
- A community in Moapa Valley, Clark County, Nevada.
- An unincorporated community in Wayne County, Ohio.
- A township in Bradford County, Pennsylvania.
- A city in Rusk County and Smith County, Texas.
- An unincorporated community in Albemarle County, Virginia.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Overton is the 1914th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 18820 individuals. Overton is most common among White (67.18%) and Black/African American (27.09%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Overton”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 3, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN.