- An English surname originating as an occupation for someone who made things from rushes.
- A coastal town in Fingal, County Dublin, Ireland.
- An unincorporated community in El Paso County, Colorado, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Boyd County and Carter County, Kentucky, United States.
- A town in Monroe County, New York, United States.
From Latin Ragusium. Reguarded as an quite early loanword as the "G" is dropped, a pattern in older loanwords such as mjeshtër from magister, Drisht from Drivastum, mjek, from medicus, and pyll from palūs, palūdem. Alternativly, inherited from Proto-Albanian *rāguša Compare Sicilian Ragusa.
Rush m (definite singular Rushi)
- Former name of (city in Croatia). [before 1918]
- (historical) The Republic of Ragusa,
- (historical) Ragusa