Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chiefly US, law enforcement) Acronym of . The area of expertise of police officers trained and equipped to neutralize armed or entrenched criminals.
- (chiefly US, law enforcement) A SWAT team
- "This situation is out of control. We need a SWAT," the policeman said.
- Often used attributively before such nouns as team or squad.
- While the specific meaning of the acronym applies only to the United States, the term is informally used in other countries to describe similar police teams.
- swat (verb)