Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: tao
- (Chinese philosophy) In Taoism, The Way, specifically the transcendental basis of nature and, and/or the ideal way to live one's life.
- 2013, Al Gore, The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change, New York: Random House, →ISBN, LCCN 2012039890, OCLC 827202765, page xx:
- Nor is progress exclusively a Western invention. Many interpret the Tao of ancient China as a guide for those who wish to progress as they make their way forward in the world—though its conception of progress is very different from what emerged in the West.
Chinese philosophical term
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- Alternative form of
- A unisex given name from Mandarin
- Tao at OneLook Dictionary Search
- “Tao, pn.”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.
- “Tao”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary