Jump to navigation Jump to search
Contraction of abandon.
- (transitive) To desist in practicing, using, or doing; to renounce. [attested only in the late 16th century]
- (transitive) To desert; to forsake. [attested only in the late 16th century]
- (Can we date this quote?), Spenser, (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- And Vortiger enforced the kingdom to aband.
- Lesley Brown (editor), The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 5th edition (Oxford University Press, 2003 , →ISBN), page 2
- Alternative form of
|Middle Irish mutation|
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.