See also: Additive
- (mathematics) pertaining to addition; that can be, or has been, added
- (mathematics, of a function, etc.) distributive over addition
Matrix multiplication is additive in that .
- (algebra) having addition as an operator
It is natural to look at a finite cyclic group as an additive group.
- (chemistry) pertaining to chemical addition
- (genetics) describing genes (or the interaction etc. of such genes) which govern the same trait and whose effects work together on the phenotype
Terms derived from additive
additive (plural additives)
- A substance added to another substance or product for its ability to alter its properties
Oil may be used as an additive in gasoline to improve the lubrication of a small engine.
- (grammar) a word or phrase that adds something, such as also, even, or nor
substance altering another substance
- additive in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- additive in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- inflected form of