Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (mathematics) Pertaining to addition; that can be, or has been, added.
- (mathematics, of a function, etc.) That is distributive over addition.
- Matrix multiplication is additive, in that .
- (group theory, of a group, semigroup, etc.) Whose operator is identified as addition.
- It is natural to look at a finite cyclic group as an additive group.
- (chemistry) Pertaining to chemical addition.
- (genetics) Of or pertaining to genes (or the interaction etc. of such genes) which govern the same trait and whose effects work together on the phenotype.
additive (plural additives)
- A substance added to another substance or product to produce specific properties in the combined substance.
- Oil may be used as an additive in gasoline to improve the lubrication of a small engine.
- (grammar) A word or phrase that adds something, such as also, even, or nor.
substance added to another substance to produce certain properties
- additive in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- additive in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Additive genetic effects on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Additive polynomial on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Additive utility on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Freshman's dream on Wikipedia.Wikipedia (In which the function ƒ(x) = xn is erroneously thought to be additive.)
- Weakly additive on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- inflected form of