Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
allotment (plural allotments)
- The act of allotting; assignment.
- That which is allotted; a share, part, or portion granted or distributed; that which is assigned by lot, or by the act of God; anything set apart for a special use or to a distinct party.
- (law) The allowance of a specific amount of scrip or of a particular thing to a particular person.
- (UK) A plot of land rented from the council for growing fruit and vegetables.
plot of land
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.