Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈlɒt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈlɑt/
- Rhymes: -ɒt
- Homophone: a lot
- (transitive) To distribute or apportion by (or as if by) lot.
- (transitive) To assign or designate as a task or for a purpose.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.