Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈpɔːʃən/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈpɔɹʃən/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)ʃən
- (transitive) To divide and distribute portions of a whole.
- The controlling party had apportioned the voting districts such that their party would be favored in the next election.
- (transitive) Specifically, to do so in a fair and equitable manner; to allocate proportionally.
- The children were required to dump all of their Halloween candy on the table so that their parents could apportion it among them.
to apportion — see distribute
to divide and distribute portions of a whole
to allocate proportionally