Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, intransitive) To combine into a single unit; to group together or join.
- He consolidated his luggage into a single large bag.
- To make stronger or more solid.
- 2014, “Little Green Men”: A Primer on Modern Russian Unconventional Warfare, Ukraine 2013–2014, Fort Bragg, North Carolina: The United States Army Special Operations Command, page 43:
- These infamous little green men appeared during the decisive seizures or buildings and facilities, only to disappear when associated militias and local troops arrived to consolidate the gains. In this way they provided a measure of deniability—however superficial or implausible—for Moscow.40
- (finance) To pay off several debts with a single loan.
- (combine into a single unit): defragment
to combine into a single unit; to group together or join
to make stronger or more solid
- (obsolete) Formed into a solid mass; made firm; consolidated.