Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 English
- 2 Italian
- 3 Latin
- 4 Portuguese
- 5 Spanish
americano (plural americanos)
- A drink made of espresso coffee diluted with hot water.
- A cocktail made with Campari, sweet vermouth, and club soda.
drink made of espresso diluted with hot water
- American (inhabitant or native of Americas or of the United States)
- (inhabitant or native of the United States) statunitense
Terms related to americano
- dative masculine singular of
- dative neuter singular of
- ablative masculine singular of
- ablative neuter plural of
- American (inhabitant of the Americas)
- American (person born in, or citizen of, the United States of America)
- American (a native of the Americas)
- American (a native of the United States)
- someone who became rich in America (the continent) and returned to his country
- Definition 1 is the common meaning.
- Definition 2 is more modern and imported from English. It is more commonly used in Spain than in the Americas.
- Definition 3 is very rarely used, the term indiano being more common.
- Only in the United States is americano currently used in reference to the United States. Otherwise, in Spanish americano is always used in reference to the American continent. For the United States (country) in particular, the more precise term is estadounidense.
- The usage of the term norteamericano in reference to the United States is also not entirely correct, as this term technically refers to North America (which includes Canada, United States and Mexico), but it is very common in reference to the U.S.