- Obsolete form of armada.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for armado in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- armed (equipped with, or involving the use of, weapons)
- (of a weapon, trap or other dangerous device) armed (prepared for use)
- (of hair or similar) erect (standing straight)
- Dizem que os porcos-espinhos conseguem deixar seus espinhos armados.
- They say that porcupines can make their quills erect.
- Tenho tantos redemoinhos que meu cabelo está sempre armado.
- I have so many cowlicks that my hair is always sticking up.
- masculine singular past participle of armar
- Masculine singular past participle of armar.