Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, conjunctive) In the sense of.
- 1972, Investors Chronicle and Stock Exchange Gazette, volume 22:
- Getting to the bottom of Selmes' thinking is not the easiest of tasks but what in essence he is doing is trading a mummy (as in King Tut) for a big daddy (as in Tennessee Williams).
- 2010, Daphne Clair, The Marriage Debt:
- 'You won't even have to touch me if you don't want to,' he said witheringly. 'But we are going to sleep together. As in spend the nights side by side.'
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see as, in.
- In Sweden, as in most countries, ...
- Synonym: like (conjunction)
in the sense of
- as in at OneLook Dictionary Search