Jump to navigation Jump to search
- self-discipline, asceticism
- 1996, Julius Evola, H. E. Musson, The Doctrine of Awakening: The Attainment of Self-Mastery According to the Earliest Buddhist Texts, Inner Traditions / Bear & Co (→ISBN), page 3
- (Christianity, chiefly Eastern Orthodoxy) The praxis or "exercise" of asceticism and self-denial of passions and impulses for the sake of piety, theosis, and connection with God.
- 1983, Alan Richardson, John Bowden, The Westminster Dictionary of Christian Theology, Westminster John Knox Press (→ISBN), page 170
- 2006, John Zizioulas, Jean Zizioulas, Paul McPartlan, Communion and otherness: further studies in personhood and the church, Tamp;t Clark Ltd
- Year Unknown, A Different Christianity, Praxis Research Institute (→ISBN), page 184