Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- The act of assigning; the allocation of a job or a set of tasks.
- This flow chart represents the assignment of tasks in our committee.
- The categorization of something as belonging to a specific category.
- We should not condone the assignment of asylum seekers to that of people smugglers.
- An assigned task.
- The assignment the department gave him proved to be quite challenging.
- A position to which someone is assigned.
- Unbeknownst to Mr Smith, his new assignment was in fact a demotion.
- (education) A task given to students, such as homework or coursework.
- Mrs Smith gave out our assignments, and said we had to finish them by Monday.
- (law) A transfer of something from one person to another, especially property, or a claim or right.
- The assignment of the lease has not been finalised yet.
- (law) A document that effects this transfer.
- Once you receive the assignment in the post, be sure to sign it and send it back as soon as possible.
- (programming) An operation that assigns a value to a variable.
- (programming): augmented assignment
act of assigning; allocation of tasks
typically a task given to students
document that effects this transfer
operation(s) that assign a value to a variable
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked