at a loss
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Below the cost or price of purchase.
- We sold those old computers at a loss.
- (idiomatic) Not sure; uncertain; lacking further ideas, direction, or ability.
- I have fixed the parts I understand, and the rest leaves me at a loss.
- His policies may be ineffective, but he is never at a loss for words.
- I'm at a loss how to proceed.
below the cost or price of purchase
not sure; uncertain; lacking further ideas, direction, or ability