- first-person singular pluperfect indicative of
- third-person singular pluperfect indicative of
- first-person singular imperfect preterite subjunctive of
- third-person singular imperfect preterite subjunctive of
Ultimately from Latin tālis, possibly through a construction eccum tālem (however, compare cutare also from this source) or atque tālem, or simply with the prefix a- added. Compare Italian cotale, Old French itel (modern tel), Old Provençal aital, Old Spanish atal, (modern tal).
- (invariant adjective, used in the expression "ca atare"- as such, therefore) such