Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
attending (not comparable)
- That attend or attends; that is or are in attendance; attendant.
- Serving on the staff of a teaching hospital as a doctor.
that attend(s), attendant
attending (plural attendings)
- (Canada, US) A physician on the staff of a hospital, especially the principal one that supervises a patient's care.
- 2009 March 11, “Doctor-Patient-Computer Relationships”, in New York Times:
- All too often when taking a history, residents and attendings in a hurry will simply use the cut-and-paste function to save time and bypass asking potentially important questions that have been asked before.
physician on the staff of a hospital