Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌəʊ.ɹə.ˈvwɑː/ or IPA(key): /ɔːɹ.ˈvwɑː/, or pronounced as in French, IPA(key): /o.ʁə.ˈvwaʁ/ or IPA(key): /ɔʁ.ˈvwaʁ/.
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌoʊ.ɹə.ˈvwɑɹ/ or IPA(key): /ˌɑ.ɹə.ˈvwɑɹ/.
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)
- Goodbye; till we meet again.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:goodbye
- 2000 January 22, Philipp Goedicke, Carl Kasell (announcer), “Listener Limerick Challenge”, Wait, Wait...Don’t Tell Me!, National Public Radio
- Though about it the South used to brag / I’m afraid it’s become such a drag / We should say au revoir / To the old stars and bars
- 2001 November 23, Jack Hassell, “Au Revoir!”, Object Management Group, mail archive, www.omg.org 
- After about 40++ TC meetings and over seven years, it's time to say "au revoir" - at least for now.
Literally, “until the reseeing”.
- Louisiana Creole: aréwa