Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: byè byé
- (informal, often childish) Goodbye.
- 1995, HAL Laboratory, EarthBound, Nintendo, Super Nintendo Entertainment System:
- Bye bye! Let's play again some time!
bye-bye (plural bye-byes)
- (colloquial, often childish) A goodbye.
- (colloquial, childish) Bedtime for a toddler, going to sleep, going to bed.
- Brush your teeth, it's time to go bye-bye.
- Synonym: beddy-bye
- 1885, Richard F. Burton, chapter XXII, in The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night, volume I, The Burton Club, page 224:
- "[H]e came to the gate of the city; and finding it shut lay him down and went to by-by!"
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English lemmas
- English interjections
- English multiword terms
- English informal terms
- English childish terms
- English terms with quotations
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English colloquialisms
- English terms with usage examples
- English reduplicated coordinated pairs