Jump to navigation Jump to search
bedtime (plural bedtimes)
- The time or hour at which one retires to bed in order to sleep.
- 2004, Vartan Gregorian, The Road to Home: My Life and Times, page 55:
- I read every evening, sometimes late into the night, with the help of kerosene lamps, often secretly, past my bedtime.
- 2013 July 19, Ian Sample, “Irregular bedtimes may affect children's brains”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 34:
- Irregular bedtimes may disrupt healthy brain development in young children, according to a study of intelligence and sleeping habits. ¶ Going to bed at a different time each night affected girls more than boys, but both fared worse on mental tasks than children who had a set bedtime, researchers found.
time when one goes to bed to sleep