Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɔ.ˈθɛn.tɪ.keɪt/
- (cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ɑ.ˈθɛn.tɪ.keɪt/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (transitive) To render authentic; to give authority to, by the proof, attestation, or formalities required by law, or sufficient to entitle to credit.
- (transitive) To prove authentic; to determine as real and true.
- He didn't manage to authenticate the portrait: it's probably a fake.
- the server could not authenticate the request
- authentify (which is a less common synonym)
to render authentic
to prove authentic
- Synonym of .