Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: axiomàtic
- Evident without proof or argument.
1932, Aldous Huxley, Brave New World:
- The students nodded, emphatically agreeing with a statement which upwards of sixty-two thousand repetitions in the dark had made them accept, not merely as true, but as axiomatic, self-evident, utterly indisputable.
- 1984, Justice William Brennan, Welsh v. Wisconsin, United States Supreme Court (66 U.S. 740, 748)
- It is axiomatic that the "physical entry of the home is the chief evil against which the wording of the Fourth Amendment is directed."
- Of or pertaining to an axiom.
- (informal) Obvious.
evident without proof or argument
of or pertaining to an axiom