Jump to navigation Jump to search
Probable shortening of bachelor.
bach (plural baches)
- (New Zealand, northern) A holiday home, usually small and near the beach, often with only one or two rooms and of simple construction.
- crib (New Zealand)
- (US) To live apart from women, as during the period when a divorce is in progress. (Compare bachelor pad.)
- small, little, short
- Na, rwy'n mynd ar y trên bach. ― No, I'm taking the little train.
- not fully-grown or developed, young
- insignificant, unimportant, humble
- small (of business, etc.)
- lowercase (of letter)
bach m, f (plural bachau)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- “bach”, in Geiriadur Prifysgol Cymru Online (in Welsh), University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh & Celtic Studies, 2014