bad taste in one's mouth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) A feeling something is morally despicable as to cause nausea.
- The more I thought of my orders, the more it left a bad taste in my mouth.
- (idiomatic) A feeling of guilt, responsibility, or embarrassment as to cause nausea.
- Knowing that I had inadvertently aided a killer, left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
- (idiomatic) A feeling of disappointment and frustration.
- 2005 April 4, Long Distance Drought: Illinois goes 12-for-40 from behind the arc (Associated Press):
- “Our goal was to get to the Final Four, compete for the national championship,” Williams said. “It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, not getting to cut down the nets.”