Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible; mean.
- 1981, William Irwin Thompson, The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Mythology, Sexuality and the Origins of Culture, London: Rider/Hutchinson & Co., page 234:
- The physical penis is consumed by despicable fish, animals of the turgid depths, but the higher phallus, the image of resurrection through the goddess, is fashioned as a sacred icon.
- See also Thesaurus:despicable
deserving to be despised
despicable (plural despicables)
- A wretched or wicked person.
- 2004, Wayne Campbell Kannaday, Apologetic Discourse and the Scribal Tradition:
- Robbers assemble other robbers for the purpose of robbery; but Christians gather thieves, bandits, and other despicables for the purpose of spiritual transformation.