Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
barrette (plural barrettes)
A clasp or clip for gathering and holding the hair
- (of hair) To put into a barrette.
- The standing woman is overweight, with scraped-back and barretted bleach- blond hair and a jowly face of detonated capillaries.
- With her barretted white hair, blue eyes, and deep green sweater, Victoria is as perfectly put together as ever.
- She pulled her long hair up and barretted it so that her long exotic earrings put the finishing touch to her exquisite appearance.
barrette f (plural barrettes)
- small bar
- barrette (US), (hair) slide (UK)
- bar (of medal)
- (religion) biretta
- (colloquial) bar/slab of hash
- “barrette” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- plural of