Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable, uncountable) (A) steak cut from beef cattle.
- (countable) The beefsteak plant, also known as perilla and shiso (Perilla frutescens var. crispa).
- (uncountable) The herb prepared from the leaves of the beefsteak plant.
- (countable) A beefsteak tomato.
- (countable) A beefsteak mushroom.
- (countable, archaic): A celebratory dinner, commonly held in New York between about 1870 and 1940 involving the consumption of enormous quantities of broiled steak and beer.
beefsteak m (plural beefsteaks)
- Obsolete form of bifteck.