bells and whistles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Extra features added for show rather than function; fancy additions or features.
- Synonyms: gadgetry, trivialities, frills and furbelows
- Antonyms: plain, no-frills, normal, ordinary, simple, unadorned
- His new car has all the bells and whistles, but it doesn't move through traffic jams any faster.
- The bells and whistles do not impress me.
- I need a new phone, but I don’t want all those fancy bells and whistles on it!
extra features added for show rather than function