See also: Biblical
- Of or relating to the Bible.
1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 3, in The China Governess:
- Sepia Delft tiles surrounded the fireplace, their crudely drawn Biblical scenes in faded cyclamen blending with the pinkish pine, while above them, instead of a mantelshelf, there was an archway high enough to form a balcony with slender balusters and a tapestry-hung wall behind.
- Tithing is both a quranic and biblical virtue.
- In accordance with the teachings of the Bible (according to some interpretation of it).
The biblical teaching is that […]
- Very great; especially, exceeding previous records in scale.
- of biblical proportions; with biblical fury
For usage examples of this term, see Citations:biblical.
Of or relating to the Bible
in accordance with the teachings of the Bible
exceeding previous records
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.