Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An occasional variant of bi- prefixed to roots beginning with a vowel, as in bisalternate
- (chemistry, obsolete) A variant of tri- used to indicate that the component that does not take the prefix occurs twice in the compound: a bisoxide is of the form B2O
- (mathematics, chemistry) A variant of di-, used for substitutions of two complex rather than simple units.
- Bis (η6-arene) metal complexes have been made for many transition metals by the Al/AlCl3 reduction method.
- Alternative form of ; bis-; di-
- Used with adjectives or verbs to denote a generic pejorative connotation