Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
blare (plural blares)
- (usually singular) A loud sound.
- I can hardly hear you over the blare of the radio.
- Dazzling, often garish, brilliance.
a loud sound
dazzling often garish brilliance
- To make a loud sound.
- The trumpet blaring in my ears gave me a headache.
- 2011 December 14, Andrew Khan, “How isolationist is British pop?”, the Guardian:
- France, even after 30 years of extraordinary synth, electro and urban pop, is still beaten with a stick marked "Johnny Hallyday" by otherwise sensible journalists. Songs that have taken Europe by storm, from the gloriously bleak Belgian disco of Stromae's Alors on Danse to Sexion d'Assaut's soulful Desole blare from cars everywhere between Lisbon and Lublin but run aground as soon as they hit Dover.
- To cause to sound like the blare of a trumpet; to proclaim loudly.
- To blare its own interpretation.
to make a loud sound