Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
blasted (not comparable)
- Subjected to an explosion.
- The remains of the blasted tank were testament to the power of the landmine it had hit.
- Subjected to violent gusts of wind; storm-damaged.
- a blasted tree
- (colloquial) Accursed; damned.
- I've tried for 2 hours to make this blasted part fit, and it still won’t go in.
- 1930, Norman Lindsay, Redheap, Sydney: Ure Smith, published 1965, page 9:
- `I'm fed up with this blasted rot,' he exclaimed, as a general expression of emotion inspired by the Sabbath.
- (heraldry) Whose branches bear no leaves; leafless.
- (slang) Intoxicated, drunk.
- Dude, we got blasted last night.
- (subjected to explosion): exploded
- (exposed to wind):
- (cursed): See Thesaurus:damned
- (tree with no leaves):
- (intoxicated): See Thesaurus:drunk
subjected to explosion
exposed to violent gusts of wind
heraldry, of a tree whose branches bear no leaves