Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bodice (plural bodices)
- An article of clothing for women, covering the body from the neck to the waist, lacking sleeves or with detachable sleeves.
- A woman's blouse-like garment, especially with European folk dress.
1956, Delano Ames, chapter 1, Crime out of Mind:
- On the cover of the leaflet advertising the Alpenrose Gasthof in Zirl am Gurgl […] there is a decorative picture of a young woman. She is wearing Tyrolese costume: the low-cut white bodice with cross-laced velvet waistcoat, the floral apron and dirndl skirt.
- The upper portion of a one- or two-piece dress, in distinction to the skirt and sleeves.
- (archaic) A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc., worn especially by women; a corset; stays.
sleeveless garment covering body from neck to waist