Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
boyau (plural boyaus)
- (military) A small trench or ditch, typically built in a zigzag pattern, serving to connect or provide communication between two trenches, particularly the rear and front lines.
- A line, drawn winding about, in order to enclose several tracts of land, or to attack some works.
- (military definition) Military Earthworks Terms, Historic Landscape Initiative, National Park Service. URL accessed 2007-01-29.
- (winding line definition) This article incorporates content from the 1728 Cyclopaedia, a publication in the public domain.
boyau m (plural boyaux)
- (anatomy) gut, intestine (of an animal, or, informally of a human)
- catgut, gut
- (military) communication trench, boyau