Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Bratwurst
- A small pork sausage, usually served fried.
- Yesterday we had bratwurst for dinner.
- 2012, Lindsey Galloway, (bbc.co.uk) A German enclave in central Texas
- For just-right spiced bratwurst and sausage, try Opa’s Smoked Meats, a family-owned shop that uses original German recipes passed down the generations and always has samples on hand. Finish off any meal with a stop at Chocolat, one of the few chocolate shops in the US that uses a classic European technique known as “liqueur praliné”, where a delicate sugar casting encases liquor, espresso, wine or other liquid fillings. The casting is then covered in chocolate to make a confection that must be eaten whole, lest the encased liquid come dribbling out.
A small pork sausage
- bratwurst (a small pork sausage)