Ellipsis of various forms of everything looks good but her face, great body but her face, etc., under the influence of butter (perhaps also with connotation of "plainness", grease, etc.) & buttface, which see. Compare summerteeth.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbʌɾɚˌfeɪs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbʌtəˌfeɪs/
Audio (AU) (file) Audio (US) (file)
butterface (plural butterfaces)
- (slang, derogatory) A person who has an attractive body but less attractive face.
- I can't even look at her, she's such a butterface.
- The face of an unattractive person.
- I can't even look at her, she's got such a butterface.