Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
buttload (plural buttloads)
- (dated, Britain, Southern US, New England) A large amount, possibly a variant of boatload, or perhaps referring to a large container known as a butt.
- We spent all day Sunday and picked up a buttload of pecans.
- (mildly vulgar, slang) A large amount, originally referring to a large container, butt.
1999, Philip Greenspun, Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing, page 267:
- You can collect a metric buttload of data about user activity on your site without too much effort.
2004, Theresa Alan, Spur of the Moment, page 264:
- Anyway, they are paying me a buttload of money to do this series, and I want to share my good fortune with you and that's that.
- 2005, Napoleon Dynamite: The Complete Quote Book, Simon and Schuster, ISBN 1416915524, page 67:
- "Yeah, there's, like, a buttload of gangs at this school."