Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
buzzard (plural buzzards)
- Any of several Old World birds of prey with broad wings and a broad tail.
- In North America, a general term for scavenging birds such as the American black vulture (Coragyps atratus), and the turkey vulture (Cathartes aura).
- (colloquial, derogatory, slang, often preceded by "old", the "old buzzard") A curmudgeonly or cantankerous man; an old person; a mean, greedy person.
- (archaic) A blockhead; a dunce.
- It is common, to a proverb, to call one who can not be taught, or who continues obstinately ignorant, a buzzard.
slang or derogatory term for a person
American black vulture — see black vulture
turkey vulture — see turkey vulture