Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Eagle
eagle (plural eagles)
- Any of several large carnivorous and carrion-eating birds in the family Accipitridae, having a powerful hooked bill and keen vision.
- (heraldry) A representation of such a bird carried as an emblem, e.g. on a coat of arms.
- (US, numismatics, historical) A gold coin with a face value of ten dollars, formerly used in the United States.
- (historical, numismatics) A 13th-century coin minted in Europe and circulated in England as a debased sterling silver penny, outlawed under Edward I.
- (golf) A score of two under par for a hole.
terms derived from the carnivorous bird
- American eagle
- bald eagle
- double-headed eagle
- eagle-eye, eagle-eyed
- eagle owl
- Eagle Pass
- Eagle River
- Eagle Scout
- fish eagle
any of several large carnivorous birds in the family Accipitridae
a gold coin with a face value of $10.00
in golf, a score of two under par for a hole
- (golf) To score an eagle.
eagle m (plural eagles)
- (golf) eagle