See also: léonine
- (obsolete) lionine
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the lion.
- His leonine face scared the young children.
- 1887, Thomas Adolphus Trollope, What I Remember, Volume 2, chapter XIV (ebook):
- He [Landor] was a man of somewhat leonine aspect as regards the general appearance and expression of the head and face, which accorded well with the large and massive build of the figure, and to which a superbly curling white beard added not only picturesqueness, but a certain nobility.
of or like a lion
leonine (plural leonines)
- (numismatics, historical) A 13th-century coin minted in Europe and used in England as a debased form of the sterling silver penny, outlawed under Edward I.