- Abbreviation of .
- Anna c/o Bob (“Anna at Bob's address”)
- Send your mail to me c/o Mr. John Smith.
- “But he sent it to you, didn't he?” “No, he sent it to himself c/o me.”
- Initialism of , a document used for shipping purposes. Describes country of origin of a given product.
Care of, usually abbreviated as c/o on envelopes, signifies an intermediary who is responsible for transferring a piece of mail between the postal system and the final addressee. For example when the addressee has no standard address, is under a corporate mail system, or is being manually forwarded mail sent to a more accessible location.
|Examples (mailing address)|
Mr. John Q. Teacher
As English "care of".
- Anders Anderson c/o Sven Svenson, Kungsgatan 12
- Anders Anderson c/o Sven Svenson, King's Street 12