come and go
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To alternately enter and exit, arrive and depart (either physically or figuratively)
- He comes and goes as he pleases.
- To repeatedly appear and disappear; to be transient
- My headaches come and go, but the pain in my neck is constant.
- 2012 April 22, Sam Sheringham, “Liverpool 0-1 West Brom”, in BBC Sport:
- Opportunities came and went as Kuyt's deflected shot from an angle cannoned back off the woodwork and Carroll twice fired over after right-wing crosses from Kuyt and Johnson picked him out.
arrive and depart
appear and disappear