condensate (plural condensates)
- (physics) A liquid that is the product of condensation of a gas, i.e. of steam.
- (chemistry) The product of a condensation reaction.
- (physics) Any of various condensed quantum states.
- (transitive, intransitive, uncommon) To condense.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Hammond to this entry?)
- (obsolete) Made dense; condensed.
- Water […] thickened or condensate.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for condensate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)