Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act or process of condensing or of being condensed
- The state of being condensed.
- 1962 October, “New Reading on Railways: Great Western. By Cecil J. Allen, Ian Allan. 2s 6d.”, in Modern Railways, page unnumbered:
- This is a masterly work of condensation, omitting nothing of importance and providing a most readable book that for a modest half-crown is incredibly good value.
- (physics) The conversion of a gas to a liquid.
- The condensate so formed.
- (chemistry) The reaction of two substances with the simultaneous loss of water or other small molecule.
- condensation point
- condensation product
- condensation reaction
- condensation trail
- Dieckmann condensation
- Dodgson condensation
the act or process
physics: conversion of a gas to a liquid
condensate — see condensate
chemistry, the reaction of two substances with the simultaneous loss of water
condensation f (plural condensations)
- (all senses) condensation.