Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Portugal) IPA(key): /kõ.di.ˈzeɾ/
- (Paulista) IPA(key): /kõ.d͡ʒi.ˈze(ɾ)/, /kõ.d͡ʒi.ˈze(ɹ)/
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): /kõ.d͡ʒi.ˈze(ɾ)/, /kõ.d͡ʒi.ˈze(ɻ)/
- (transitive with com) to agree with; to conform with (to be in accordance with expectations)
- O testemunho do réu não condiz com o da testemunha.
- The defendant’s testimony does not agree with the witness’s.
- Essa teoria não condiz com a realidade.
- This theory does not agree with reality.
- (with plural or multiple subjects, transitive with em or a) to agree or conform with (in a given aspect)
- Eu e ele não condizemos em opinião.
- He and I do not agree in opinion.
- (with plural or multiple subjects, intransitive) to agree or conform with one another
- Essas teorias não condizem.
- These theories are not in agreement.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb condizer