Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, chemistry, physics) to make something form into crystals
- I crystallized the copper sulphate by slowly cooling a saturated solution.
- (intransitive) to assume a crystalline form
- The copper sulphate crystallized from solution.
- (transitive) to give something a definite or precise form
- After some thought, I crystallized my ideas for the paper.
- (intransitive) to take a definite form
- My ideas crystallized overnight.
- 1957, Patrick White, chapter 12, in Voss:
- The situation did crystallize, if painfully, under the stars, and by morning each knew what he must confess.
- (transitive) to coat something with crystals, especially with sugar
- We crystallized the fruit by coating in sugar.
to make something form into crystals
to assume a crystalline form
take a definite form