Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkʌɹənt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɝənt/
Audio (UK) (file)
currant (plural currants)
- A small dried grape, usually the Black Corinth grape, rarely more than 4mm diameter when dried.
- The fruit of various shrubs of the genus Ribes, white, black or red.
- A shrub bearing such fruit.
small dried grape
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.